Please read our special booking terms due to Covid-19
Here at The Kensington, we've been working hard to create an environment that is as safe as possible. We wanted to share with you some of the steps we will be taking. To learn more, read our 9-steps below:
We will be reaching out to guests prior to their arrival, to discuss the following:
● Location and Parking
● Room Keys and Check In/Out
● Local area and things to do
● Housekeeping and Room Service
● Covid-19 safety measures
● Answer any general enquiries
● We have installed several wall-mounted hand sanitizers in and around the Kensington, so that guests can sanitize their hands upon arrival at The Kensington, and when entering the Breakfast dining room.
● Guests will be required to maintain social distancing and to remain at least 2 metres away from those who aren’t in their group and from the owners.
Breakfast & Meals
● All breakfast tables have been spaced out, to allow a minimum of 2 metre distance.
● Staggered breakfasts, which will allow for a greater level of social distancing.
● Let us spoil you by offering you the luxury and privacy of breakfast in your room.
● Weather permitting, breakfast may be available in our lovely garden.
● Takeaway Hot Breakfast sandwiches available.
● All self-service options have been removed until further notice.
● Looking to avoid busy cafes and restaurants etc? Then why not try our exclusive individual packed lunches to enjoy outside in Summer, or if you're looking for something more special, why not try our Kensington ‘Posh Picnic’ filled with fresh home-made goodies. (Prices Vary)
● All daily in-room housekeeping services are temporarily suspended, however steps are in place to ensure guests have access to fresh towels and toiletries.
● A dedicated Room Service phone Number will be available to you throughout your stay.
● Guests who have been diagnosed, or have shown symptoms of Covid-19 in the past 14 days will be kindly asked to reschedule their stay.
● Guests who show symptoms during their stay will be kindly asked to leave, and any remaining nights refunded.
Enhanced Cleaning Routine
● Thorough and deep cleaning will be carried out 24 hours after a guest has checked out.
● We will be cleaning more frequently, especially in high traffic areas and touch points (hallway, staircases, door handles etc.)
● The owners have undertaken enhanced Covid-19 Prevention training with certificate awarded.
Flexible Bookings & Payments
● No deposits required.
● To help with social distancing, no face-to-face card payments, or cash, can be accepted at this time. Payments by Bank Transfer (BACS) or card payments via telephone are accepted.
● We’ve amended our cancellation policy to give you greater peace of mind when you book, including no penalties for last-minute cancellations due to Covid-19.
● For all future bookings we are operating a minimum of a three-night stay, thus avoiding mass groups of people.
● The Kensington, being a smaller, five room, friendly guest house, accommodating up to ten guests, and with just two owners and no staff, affords our guests the very lowest possible level of interaction with other people.
● If you are looking for something a little special, with beautiful landscapes, long stretches of sandy beaches, vast open countryside, away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities, and wanting to really cherish what’s on your doorstep, then Scarborough is an ideal place and is the perfect antidote to months of lockdown.
Please read our special booking terms due to Covid-19.